2009/01/07

TOEFL Test Score

I took a TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Lanuage) back in October. Attached is the score.

I have never taken any English test (aka, TOEFL, GRE, ISELTS, TOEIC, etc), so never knew where my English ability stands, Since I did not have much to do, I just decided to take the test, for the fun of it.

All the preparation I did was to download the sample test from the official website, and did it twice. That's when I realized there is no way for me to enhance my ability in a short and extensive way. The test is divided into 4 sections, reading, listening, speaking and writing. In reading, listening, speaking, all kinds of topics could be included. It can be astronomy, chemistry, physics, literature, and so on. In speaking and listening, it can be an instance that happens on campus, for example, a discussion in the class, an inquiry at the library, etc. I was sure I could understand it for the most parts, and should be able to capture 80% of the score. The most tricky part is the speaking, when there is a 45 seconds or 30 seconds of time limit when I could respond the have my responses recorded into the computer.

So this is what I got. The full score of each section is 30, so I think I did it fairly well.

No comments: