2010/11/01

RED

px_fren4124552610

If I wanna go see a movie myself, I would never pick this one. First of all, I am not a fan of Bruce Willis. Secondly, I am not that into action movies. Action is fine, but is just never my first choice.

But school has just started, and there are not that many choices around. J does not read Chinese, so any non-English is out. He asked me to have a look what is available, and the only 2 choices are ‘the town’ and RED.

The town features robbery (ouch) and some romances (yeah), but I’m not familiar with the cast (ouch). RED is action movie (ouch), but I’m more familiar with the cast, Helen Mirren (yeah), Morgan Freeman (yeah), and Bruce Willis (kindof ouch actually). Touch choice, and I still decided to see RED.

It turns out to be a very good choice. The story is kind of stupid of course, but it is very funny. After around 30 minutes, I was totally relaxed, entertained, and had a very good laugh when gunshots were not meant to see blood, but a way to to funny. I was especially impressed with the way Bruce talks, and he appears to be a gentle and romantic. J had a good time too. Good choice.

No comments: