2007/08/18

Lost and Found

I took Harry Potter with me to China but left it behind at the hotel when I checked out. Did not realize that until I was unpacking. Since my coworker still would stay in the hotel for another week, so I thought I could just ask him to take it back for me. Called the hotel, and the lady insisted that my coworker should leave a copy of his ID if he wanted to take in on my behalf for 'security' reason. What security reason? I kept asking her. All she could do was to apologize and repeat that copy of ID is required for security reason. I hanged up. Later the manager called and asked who my coworker is and said they could deliver the book to his room. I still don't understand if I can identify myself where the book was found, and identify I had lived there, then what 'security' problem can this book lead to, and how a copy of my coworker's ID can possibly solve the security issue. So much for this stupid SOP.

No comments: