2009/04/16

Alberta Travel Guide

I was trying to get some travel information regarding Alberta online, but could hardly get anything. Most sites focused on the whole Canada, or the major places like Vancouver. I decided to read some information regarding Alberta, or Calgary, and that is when wikipedia took me to this site

I think it is official website for Alberta tourism. I was able to register and request travel guide. Well, the books came in yesterday. I was so surprised to find it in my mail box, and it actually came from Edmonton, capital of Alberta. The information is pretty much similar, if not the same, as the website. However, it is better to have the print version anyway. I'll need to read it and do my homework from there. The book also shows the website of the major attractions, so it serves as a very good start.

It looks like I'm very interested in 3 things. The first is the dinosaur park. From the photos in the travel guide, it does look like dinosaur would fly through those rocks. The second is the Banff National Park. F said that the mountains there are snow capped all year round. That would be interested. The last would be Brokeback mountain trip. The towns where the movie was shot are right south of Calgary. It would be interesting to see that par of Rocky mountain.

No comments: