2009/04/16

Salmon

My mom sent some food over. Spring rolls were the most important, as it is seasonal food for tomb festival. She also sent some Salmon. I cooked one fillet some days ago, and it turned out good, so I cooked the second one last night.

Of course I sprayed some salt the night before, and only used some oil when I pan fried it. The mashed potato was so so good. I did not have any ingredients to make the gravy, so decided to open a canned peanuts, and used the watery sauce instead. It turned out to be a perfect combination, and there is really no reason to figure out how to make gravy at all. Soft peanuts also go with the mashed potato very well.

I was hungry when I got home, so while potato was simmering on the stove, I got myself some tomato, and make myself a big glass of iced tea. I read the travel guide, having a sip of the iced tea, and then some tomatoes. By the time the potatoes were done, all the tomatoes had been finished, and half a glass of iced tea gone. It turned out to be a very enjoyable experience, to be alone, and to have a good time.

No comments: