2009/05/14

Bow River

Fred and I went biking. He had bought a bicycle and had a lend of another one from his friend. We brougt some water, fruit, cheese, grenola bars with us, so we could stop on the way and relax. There was no set destination or schedule, so it was easy ride along the bow river. It is still early spring here, cold and sunny. I had to put on the gloves, and it was very cold on the way back that my fingers were freezing even with the gloves on.

Most of the trees are still bare, and some trees have started to grow leaves. The combination of different colors from the branches, sprouts, leaves was really nice. It reminded me of the paintings from the impressionists. They wre good at capturing colors and light, and I felt like walking into one of their paitings while we stopped for lunch.

I do not know how far we biked, but we started at 10:30, and did not return until 3:30. I even had some cramp on the thighs when I tried to go up the last ramp to get on the bridge. That was really the exercise for the whole day. We had planned to go to a bar, but decided we would rather pass and maybe go next Wednesday.

No comments: