2007/07/03

Chinese-Teacher-To-Be

So it is the second half of 2007. Time to schedule another vacation, and time to have some changes to spice up the life! For the latter, I enrolled in a training how to teach foreigners Chinese as the second language. Click here for information

The schedule is very tight for someone with employment. The classes fall on every Saturday and Sunday, 9am till 12pm, and 2pm till 5pm, for 8 weeks. Well, at the beginning, I thought that I only need an hour during lunch time to grab some quick lunch, but it turns out that I had to doze in Starbucks for an hour after lunch. I could have snored in Starbucks, but I did not care. I was so tired.

Having been through the first weekend, I think the classes are pretty good, and all 3 teachers I have seen are knowledgeable, and confident. Some are professors from the college, so they teach how Chinese characters evolve over time. Some are experienced Chinese teachers, so they share how to pronounce Chinese accurately, and what problems students may have in certain pronunciation when they are from certain countries and why, and how we can help solve the issue.

The only thing I'm not so sure of is if I can survive 8 weeks...

No comments: