2007/07/11

Terracotta is in town!

Terracotta is in town, in National Museum of History. The exhibit is not really large, but the terracottas are just simply amazing. I've heard of it so many times that every single face is unique, that they are of the same scale of the real people. I've read about it so many times that, ok, this is what it looks like. Well, seeing the real thing really blew me away. When I get to closely look at all the detail work, when I get to see the real thing from the right, from the left, from the back even, from all kinds of angles, I started to be amazed at how beautiful these things are.

This exhibit will be in Taipei until end of July. Their audio guide is good, but unfortunately it is only in Chinese.

The museum set up a few terracotta replicas in front of the museum for people to take pictures. The first picture shows me and him, and omg, are my jeans too small or something? Where is my gym bag?

The second picture is taken in the botanical garden right behind the museum. The lotus pond is very pretty. The red building in the far side of the picture is the National Museum of History.

No comments: