2007/10/07

After Typhoon

The wind and rain died down dramatically today. I believe rain stopped at one point even. Anyway, I had a very bad headache. The brain is thirst for some caffeine, so I just had to go out to get some coffee. Love that Starbucks on weekends close to home. That area is very commercial, so on weekends it is awfully quiet. I've been to a few busy Starbucks on weekends, and normally am asked "have you secured a seat" before am asked "what can I get for you". But this one, quite different. I could take my time reading the newspaper, sipping my coffee, and still have time to daydream. Very pleasant.

Went to Eslite bookstore to look around. Tried to find some magazines, but there were all sold out. Bought one book on travel in Thailand. It is not like usual travel book which shows you all the fun places in Bangkok, and then copies some SPA centers and hotels from either their brochures or their website. No no. Not this one. This one is like a blog. The writer takes pictures and tells you a nice story of what she sees and what she thinks. She not only spent time on Bangkok and Chiang Mai, but also gives a good introduction of Suhkothai and Ayuthaya, which is what I need for my next trip.

There are certainly some leftover from the typhoon on the street. The street shown here is very close to my bus stop. It is quite a large tree, but still surrender to the strong wind.

No comments: