2007/10/04

Big Tummy

Kids are so cute. When they smile at you, you think you have the whole world. They are innocent, and straightforward, but also becausee of that, they may appear cruel.

Last Sunday, cousins wanted to go to Dream Mall in Kaohsiung and asked if we were interested to go together. Sure, why not. I did not have anything planned for Sunday anyway. So 2 cousins, mom, niece, and I went together.

Mom, niece and I sat on the back seat. Niece always has a fancy for my chubby cheeks, and double chins, as the way she put it. This time, on the way to Kaohsiung, since we did not have much to do anyway during this 1.5 hour trip, she started to fancy for my tummy, and moved her hands around it like polishing a crystal ball, muttering big tummy, big tummy, you have a big tummy.

I know I am speedying all thte way to becoming fat, and becoming a chubby bear (or pig) seems to be right on the horizon. But I also always imagine I was still the skinny boy I used to be, and niece's comment just highlights the huge gap between my dream and the reality.

But when this sweet devil smiles at me, how can I not love her?

PS: See the 31 flavors in the picture? We had to stop there for some dessert in the afternoon. We put it in the todo list right after we saw it. Such a treat.

No comments: