2008/06/10

Home

Keelung Heping Island
Finally I went back to Heping Island, a place I called home. It was very hot that day. I did not see many pedestrians on the street. No problem finding the place at all. It was like I had never been gone, although things do have changed a bit there, especially when 2 of my favorite restaurants were gone.

I've moved so many times over the past 10 years. It feels like every time I feel settled down in one place, and then I need to be ready to move again, with changes and changes and challenges ahead. I thought I would be afraid to come back to see this place again, only to realize that I have moved on and traveled so far. Home will always be there in my memory, with the layout and people it used to have, with the happiness and sorrows it requires to be complete. The desperation to ride the scooter through the dark night to be home, the reluctance to take the early train to work every Monday morning are still heart felt, however, I need to get myself ready for tomorrow.

No comments: