2008/06/12

Move

It is a hassle to move. You've gotta organize, pack, toss, and finally move. It will be a blessing to be able to hire movers. I did that before, and am really convinced that movers can be very professional.

I have moved so many times since I graduated from college. Now when I think about it, I can't even remember when exactly did I move.
  1. June 1993, I graduated from college, did not get a room in the dorm, so had to find my own place to move out. It was just a room, with a desk, chair, bed, very simple closet, and nothing else.
  2. 1994, luckily I got a room in the second semester, and moved back to the dorm. That 200 USD saving saved my life.
  3. 1995, moved to Keelung, and stayed at the first place for 6 months.
  4. 1996, moved again. That place did not require a lease, so we stayed there for like also 6 months.
  5. 1997, moved to Badouzhi, located also in Keelung, and stayed there for a year. Still remember sharing the apartment with K and O. K was not really handsome, but very muscular in the way I like it. He has very good voice, and good Chinese pronunciation. O was very handsome, but snobbish. He thought he was better than anyone else, and he lived in PIGSTY. Before we moved out, the landlady asked him to scrub his toilet, otherwise she would not return the deposit. She told me the toilet looked so scary that she would not dare to clean it at all.
  6. 1998, moved to Heping Island.
  7. Febrary, moved to Hsin-zhuang. Stayed with E's family for a period of time while I worked in Linkou.
  8. April 1999, moved to San Francisco.
  9. October, moved back to Hsin-zhuang. Stayed at E's old house while deciding what to do next. Totally lost with a burden to take care of.
  10. November 1999, moved to Santa Clara. Still remember I started to work the day after Thanksgiving weekend.
  11. 2002, moved to a large apartment complex on Saratoga Avenue of Santa Clara. It was the most beautiful place I've ever lived in, with courtyard, pool, my cat, and all.
  12. October 2003, moved back to Taipei and stayed with my brother. It was a hard time when I felt like my life was reset to 0. Huge pressure to start to a life, financially and emotionally.
  13. 2004, got my own place. It was a very cheap and came with furniture, which I needed but later deemed as all trash. Greater financial pressure when I had to pay the bills on both sides. Was lucky to get offer from this current company. The salary increase alleviated the chance of living paycheck-to-paycheck.
  14. May 2005, moved back to stay with my brother again. Life is reset to sub zero.
I always remember someone had told me he had to move in with his sister for a long time. Last year when I met J for dinner, he said yeah, that was he. He has always been consistently nice to me.

Now I know I may have to move twice in the near future, and am feeling so exhausted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Sean, Wow, I'm exhausted by the moves you have made (and that list only brings you up to 2005 and I know you've made some since). It struck me by the moves that involved/were caused by some major emotional turmoil in your life. My heart bleeds for you. You're SUCH A nice guy...only good things should happen to you. Hugs, Charlie J, about to move from Oregon to Florida, from "blue" to "red" state but at least that Jeb Bush is no longer the governor

Sean Cheng said...

Charlie, red state may not be that bad. Look at Iowa. I beat you by few times in the category of moving. :-)