2008/10/15

Disappointing Product Release

The first thing that I checked this morning when I got up is to see what Apple announced for their new products. Not exactly what I expected.

  • No netbook. I understand Apple might not want to let netbooks take away part of the more lucrative NB business, but I have an iMac at home already. If Apple comes up with something lighter and cheaper, I might want to get one. Now the new macbook still starts at 1299USD, and 13" of screen. These 2 specs are really turn-off.
  • I watched the video on the website, and also part of the keynote, and just can't help yawning when they elaborate the machining process of the new aluminum case. That is boring detail, and is so aggravating, and it is really not that much lighter than the previous generation, and is not appealing at all.


I may finish the keynote when I have time, but it is really not urgent for some reason. Even the graphics chip upgrade sounds so irrelevant to me. It is ok to say the 3D performance of the integrated graphics chip is 5x better than ever, but showing how well it performs when it runs WoW is more appealing to me.



No comments: