2008/10/07

Photos of Tel Aviv

The good thing about traveling for business is that one could say he has traveled to so many cities and countries. The bad things is that sometimes there is really not that much time to look around.

Although we asked the taxi to pick us up every evening at 6pm. By the time we went back to the hotel, rested for 5 minutes, went out to find a place for dinner (normally this is the hard part), and finished dinner, it would be around 8:30pm. There will be not that much to look around anyway, so we just stayed in the hotel.

But I did go somewhere. I was taken to an Israeli restaurant where English menu is not available. That was a lot of fun. Although some waiters assumed I was Japanese when we left, and I was not so happy about it, but I could laugh about it. I went to Jaffa to walk around and chat with people one evening. From Jaffa, people could get a very beautiful view of Tel Aviv. I loved it very much, but forgot to bring my camera. I did take some photos with Mistress, but they did not turn out very well. One night, I went to a bar/pub, also in Jaffa, when it was open at midnight. Israelis do not start their night life until midnight. That is so amazing to me when I am ready to hit the pillow at 11. By 2 when I left, So many people still were walking in that area. On the other side, it is good that people feel safe to walk at that late of the night. I also walked around the residential area right across the street from the hotel, and took some photos.

Generally, I like it there. Some of the food there is very addicting. After I returned to Taiwan, I asked my boss one day if those food is available in Taipei. Well, some yes, but some, no. So there is another bad thing about traveling. I don't know when I can have that food again.

Photos are here

No comments: