2008/10/03

Jerusalem

This is a lame note of my trip to Jerusalem, as it happend almost a month ago, and that is a long time based on the deteriorating condition of my brain.

Photos are available in my photo album.

It was a very nice day. The company was very nice to arrange this trip to Jerusalem for both of us. The tour guide picked us up at 9am. We went back to the hotel at around 4. If we exclude 45 minutes to drive from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, we spent around 5.5 hours in Jerusalem. Not long enough, as we did not have time for museum at all, and I believe the archaeology museum in Jerusalem will be such a nice place to visit, considering the whole old city is like a giant museum.

We started with Mount of Olive, where the best view of old city can be obtained. Don't trust the photos. From the photos, all the color is yellow, and nothing special, however, it looks quite splendid in real. Then we went to see the tomb of Virgin Maria, and the first church of Crusaders. Too bad I had a good impression while I was there, but one months later I can remember that much.

One thing that I do remember is that, the tour guide said the relationships among Muslim, Jewish, and Catholic. They share a lot, and the main different is who the last prophecy is, and that is reason why Jerusalem is holy to them all. Of course this may be his side of the story, but it is nice to understand some of it, and be in Jerusalem myself.

Because we are not religious and do not know the Bible at all, otherwise we would have a nice trip to all the churches to know in which church did Jesus say this, in which church did Jesus say that, and on which desert did Jesus spend most of his life.

It is good to have a chance to go there. However, if I have a chance to go again, I'll need to do some homework first. It is nice to explore and know better, than listen to the tour guide only, nodding with my mouth wide open.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always best to get a local to show you around.
:)

Although too short, sounds great.

Sean Cheng said...

I really like the tour guide. He was very enthusiastic to show us a lot and he said a lot. It was a very nice trip to Jerusalem.