2009/02/17

Canadian Immigration Change

I was quite curious of the immigration progress that R has, since I think she filed the application a long time ago. Even I filed mine more than a year ago already, and she had filed long before I did. Got her response this morning. She said there has been a change, which happened in February 2008 and I did not know . The change is that only people on the list of 38 professional categories would be eligible for immigration as skill workers to Canada. Click here for the list.

Of course nether R or I is affected by this new law, as we filed before the law was introduced. However, the Canadian government will expedite the application of the new 38 categories, and fast track for others means longer wait for us. I do not have particular need for the immigration, but R has her professional plan, so I really want hers to be process as soon as possible.

It is interesting to look at the categories, and know that Canada is a quite a different country from Taiwan, with much more natural resources to hire petroleum engineer, etc.

But wait. Plumber? Welder? Maybe for those who would like to immigrate to Canada, it is time to drop the college education, and enroll in vocational school instead, or find a ‘master’ to learn those necessary skills after junior high school to be a plumber and welder, and become one of those attractive plumber as shown in the photo, Mike Delfino, the plumber from Desperate Housewives.

And wait! Financial manager? I thought we are having a financial crisis across the globe now…



No comments: