2009/02/18

Rice Porridge

I bought a jar of of preserved tofu flavored with plum when I visited Jiouxi the last time. The preserved tofu does not taste extremely salty like regular ones, but contains a very tangy fragrance that I cannot describe. It goes with rice porridge very well, and I think I've found my best recipe.

Ingredient: rice: 80ml, water: 4 cups, ground pork: 100g, cabbage: some, salt: some.
It is hard to describe how much cabbage is needed. I did not measure it. More cabbage means less water when it is done.

Boil the rice in the water. Turn the stove to as low as possible when the water boils. Put the lid on and boil it for another 10 minutes.
Add ground pork and cabbage and some salt, and boil it for another 10 minutes, and it is done.

Of course I added some preserved tofu, and it simply melts in the soup, and adds so much depth to the rice porridge. Yummy. But for some reason the preserved tofu looks a bit like shxt on the photo...

No comments: