2009/10/15

Better Than Score


A friend post the second video on his plurk. Very cool design to make stairs like a piano. I was joking that it would be fun to play with few friends, and play Fuer Elise out of it, and then, for some reason, I started to look for Fuer Elise on Youtube.

The first result took me to this guy's youtube account. He downloads music, and use a midi program to create the video to present the score. Of course we cannot really play any instrument from the video, but for a person who cannot read score like myself, it really depicts the music better. I know exactly what I'll expect to hear, and it looks fun. This guy also plays piano. When he does, he also includes his playing in the video, so we could actually see the music animation, score, and his playing. The recording is also very good, far superior to those live recording. I just have to subscibe to his youtube.

He also includes in the desciption of his youtube where he gets the music, where to get the midi software, where to find additional information of the background of the music. It is very informative. I enjoy it.

No comments: