2009/10/07

Scooter

My parents tried their best to be fair to their kids. When my brother was in college, he asked a scooter. Well, he had a lot of activities to do, and, of course, he had a girl friend. I never asked for one, but my dad still bought one, in my name, after I graduated and started to work. I never took it, so my dad uses it in Tainan. The new one is better for him, because it is larger, and more suitable when he has to take mom for a ride.

This past weekend, I went back to Tainan for Moon Festival, and asked dad if he uses both scooters. He had a shockingly quick response and asked me if I wanted to keep one. Yes, I've been without any vehicle since late 2003, I've walked a lot, and it's time to get some mobility, and thus, add some spice to my dull life. I am not ready to get a new one, however, looking at what I'd like to do and where I'd like to be one year from now. A used one would be a better bet.

I asked for the older one, and had it shipped to Taipei. Just went over to pick it up. The registration card says it was registered in March 1992, so it is 17 years old, quite an old scooter for a 50cc. This is the 3rd time that I own a scooter. All 3 are hand-me-downs. It's good though. I don't have to worry if it could be stolen.

No comments: