2010/01/05

Lemon Merinque Pie

I wanted to do something, so decided to make a pie. We had picked up packages for filling earlier, so I just followed the recipe, baking pie crust at specified temperature for specified time, made the filling as per instructions from the package, and whip the egg white, with 2 spoons! Whipping the egg white was a slow and painful process, and as the meringue started for form, it was harder and harder to beat, as the resistance grew.

But anyway, pie crust was baked, then I poured the filling in, and then the meringue. After that, I put the whole pie in the oven to brown the meringue. The pie looks good from the photos, but in reality, the surface of the meringue was not really even. Some of the filling was not properly covered with meringue. So something to improve the next time. It tasted good though. The meringue does not sit on the filling well, so when I cut it, it separates, but Fred said that's the way it's supposed to be, so be it.

No comments: