2010/01/24

A Single Man

Life is not perfect, and it takes me a long time to realize how true the statement is, and I found myself living in denial sometimes still. We'll never know how much a friend's life is traumatized by their recent professional crisis or loss of their loved ones unless they are willing to open their hearts and share, otherwise we shall only see their superficial decency and proper manners.

I now understand how terrible it is to be informed of bad news of the one I care for. Despair may be a proper word for the moment when I felt my brain went completely blank, but still had the instinct to respond to the phone call without hesitation, even though, honestly, I did not catch too much of the phone conversation.

So how much more devastating it could be if one is informed of the death of the loved one on the phone? What's worse is that he is not allowed to attend the funeral because he is not considered a family member. If it were not for the kindness of the cousin, he would not even be told of the car accident, in which his loved one was killed. Colin Firth impeccably expressed the despair, and shows incredible accuracy to depict the last day of the professional. I've watched his movies before, Mama Mia being the last one, but he did not give me an impression. Now he wins a position in my heart as a good actor.

Juliane Moore also stars in the movie, and is also one of the major reason why I went and watched this movie. Her acting is also incredible and impressive. Love her.

No comments: