2008/04/22

Cherry Trees in Tainan

On the way to Grandmom's funeral, I saw these trees in a taxi. The pink flowers creates a small pretty corner in this ugly part of town, like a gem, and I vowed to come back to take some photos.

Funeral started at 6am on Sunday and by the time we left the temple, it was after 1pm. Everyone was exhausted, and just wanted to have something cold to drink. I did not go back on Sunday. Yesterday morning I go up early and rode my bicycle to visit the cherry trees. Beautiful still, but pink petals on the sidewalk had been removed. It was not bright enough to show its vivid color yet.

It was early enough in the morning. The street was very quiet. One couple was taking their walk around the parking lot. I took some photos, and stopped at the McDonald's nearby to buy some coffee.

No comments: