2008/04/14

Keelung Night Market

I felt the need to go somewhere, do something that I enjoy doing alone. Going to Keelung was a nice choice. I had not been back for a while.

Lucky to wait only 15 minutes for the bus. Later I realized it only runs every 30 minutes. There was not that much traffic on the freeway. It took only 30 minutes one way. Considering that it takes me 50 minutes to get to Taipei main station, Keelung is really a lot closer.

Gloomy weather in Keelung. I strolled down the street, and did not see that many changes. Walking to the night market is easy. Huge crowd at 4pm. Isn't it supposed to a night market? There is some minor change though: more street vendors in the middle of the street leaving less space for people to walk. That is the problem. Chiang Mai's Sunday market is really better. Cool weather, wide street, larger, more to see. I felt quite relaxing in Chiang Mai. Yesterday it was a bit messy. There was just not enough space.

Food is still good. Price has gone up quite a bit. A good place to half a day.

No comments: