2008/01/21

Suk11

Suk11 is a pretty decent guest house. It is located in Soi11 of Sukhumvit, walking distance from Nana station. From the outside, it looks like a regular apartment. No elevator, narrow stairs. Not wooden floor in the hallway, but they put some wood as decoration. So what I am saying is that the floor is not flat surface, and I had to hand carry my luggage all the way to the end of the hallway to my room. That was not a pleasant trip, though I managed to deal with it. Room is spacious. No TV, and I don't miss it. No fridge, I am ok with it. Kind of quiet when I was finally there at 4 in the morning (of course). That was my first night, and I felt completely alone.

Room looks quite nice though. When I planned the trip, I was thinking of staying here for few nights because I had read so many good comments about this place, but the room photos on their website look so terrible. I did not book Suk11. Then since I had to stay in Bangkok for 2 nights before I headed for Chiang Mai, I did not know why but I was not able to find a nice room within my budget for both nights. They either only the first night open or the second. I decided to give Suk11 a try. It turns out to be nice.

All their walls are covered with notes from people all over the world. It forms a nice decoration actually. I have seen too much big chunks of graffiti, and seeing something smaller is a nice change.

Breakfast is included. Not many varieties, but then I don't have to worry about what to eat that early in the morning.

No comments: