2008/11/12

Jiaoxi Hotspring

After our freeway no.5 was open, Ilan is much more accessible from Taipei than before. I have been busy lately, worked all weekend the week before last, felt really tired. It was a good thing to get away for a bit. MM was complaining about the same thing, so we decided to run away from Taipei for a bit.

We decided to go to Jiaoxi. It takes only 50 minutes by bus. We strolled along the hotspring strip, and saw this public place. Although it is public, it is still divided into men's area and women's, and people are all naked in the pool. Cheap, at only 80NTD, but the place is beautiful. Attached photo is a look at the men's pool. The 'tower' is like 3 floors high, so I felt really comfortable inside it.

After that we found a nice local Vietnamese restaurant, and had the most wonderful spring rolls I've ever had. Also cheap. 4 big rolls for only 50NTD. Need to go back again.

It was raining, so we decided to go back to Taipei after lunch. It is only 1pm when we returned to Taipei. It was a very short trip, and I had fun. Sunday night when I was getting ready for the next week, I felt rested, and not as anxious as I normally felt. This is a nice weekend.

No comments: