2007/09/07

Earthquake

I was awaken last night by earthquake. It took me about 3 seconds (could be longer!) to realize what was going on. I swear I heard my windows rattling. Everything was shaking. I ran to the bathroom door right away. According to bro's analysis, there are 2 major supporting columns in the bathroom, and the safest spot is the bathroom door. So there I was, waiting for bro to bring the baby, rush out and hide. Nothing happened. I guess the princess really wore them out. Need to ask them tonight if they realized there was an earthquake even! Later the news said it happened at 1:51am, at 6.6 on the Richter scale. Epicenter is in the ocean somewhere south east of Taipei. Major aftershock happened at 1:55am, at 5.7, but I was too tired to open my eyes. The scale was 3 in Taipei. I have to say that 3 is scary enough. The sleep turned out to be not so good after all.

No comments: