2007/09/26

Lust, Caution

Watched Lust Caution, and I was so impressed with this movie. I love Brokeback Mountain, because Ang Lee did a very good job telling the story following the original storyline. He revived the story on the screen. Some additional scenes are added, but not much, just enough to add some depths to it. But in Lust Caution, a lot is added. The author is a minimalist. In the original story, not a lot is told in the story, but a very solid story is outlined. Ang Lee added a lot of flesh to it to make it a whole complete story. He convinced me what he presented on the screen is exactly the same as what Eileen Chang thought when she completed the story.

A lot of attention was paid to the sex scene, I just have to say I paid too much attention to their interaction, how their faces are telling different stories in different sex scene, silently that I did not think too much about it at all. And those scenes lead to a latter statement when the actress broke down and dobuted what she had to do. Good job done.

At the end of the movie, I sat through the acknowlegement. Was glad to see some names in traditional Chinese, some in simplified Chinese. Obviously some are from Taiwan, some from China, and they show their respect how the names are written. I like that.

Wanna recommend this movie. I know I'll want to revise this post later, but just wanna get some preliminary idea first.

No comments: