2007/09/29

Starbucks in Tainan


Back to Tainan this weekend. When I told my mom that I was not coming back to Tainan for Moon Festival (long weekend, 4 days), I knew I had to make some compensation to make her happy. So I proposed to come back on Friday evening for the weekend, and then go back to Taipei Monday morning. Since my office is very close to Taipei domestic airport, it is no problem for me to rush to the airport after work, and then go to work directly from the airport on Monday morning.

Terribly hot in Tainan and humid. I had to run to Starbucks to get cool, and also to have a cup of coffee. My head is aching from lack of caffeine (writing this and only remembering the sound of the word, I almost wrote coffin. Why do people use 'o' for coffee, and use 'a' for things that got extracted from coffee? Dictionary.com, thank you!). Now I am sitting on the second floor, right by the glass windows, overlooking the campus of Cheng Kung University. This is the new part of the campus. None of the buildings was here when I went to senior high school in the same neighborhood. Kind of pretty actually, as I can see a lot of trees by the roads. It is amazing.

I also brought Harry Potter with me. I pre-ordered the book so early, but have not finished it. Shameful. Gonna read few chapters while I have nothing to do here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

對台南的印象就是「綠樹成蔭」。綠樹們都生氣勃勃的,沿著路的兩旁,延伸到遠遠的盡頭。
還有成大那棵大樹,難忘!

Sean Cheng said...

台南有綠樹成蔭喔? 為什麼我以前都沒注意過呢? 那天本來是有想進成大看看的, 成大好像多了很多校區, 有些校區的牆也拆掉了, 經過規劃後, 很美.