2008/08/03

Sync iCal and Goggle Calendar!

Goggle has released information how to sync iCal and Goggle calendar. It's very cool. I just had to try it as soon as I heard about it. As shown in the picture, the "Home" calendar on iCal corresponds to "Home" calendar on Goggle Cal. The "Sean Cheng" calendar corresponds to "Sean Cheng" on Goggle cal". Some of the nice and bad things:

* When I run iCal, it automatically syncs with Goggle calendar.
* Whenever I create an item on iCal, iCan syncs with Goggle calendar right away.
* If I have both Goggle calendar and iCal open, and I update an item on Goggle, then I'll need to force a sync on iCal. So it makes more sense to work in iCal.
* I can sync iCal with my cell phone, so my calendar will stay sync among 3 devices.
* If I write an item in iCal in Chinese, Goggle cal gets a Chinese item without any issue, however, iCal loses the Chinese characters and shows strange code. If I write an item in Goggle cal in Chinese, and open iCal to sync with Google cal, then Chinese characters show on iCal without any issue. This is very strange.

No comments: