2009/03/09

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I knew from trailer that Benjamin Button was an old man when he was born, and then as time went by, he grew younger and younger. So I was kind of curious before the movie even started if when Benjamin died, he would be a grown-up person with a baby face, smooth skin and all that. Hm… that did not happen. He still became a baby at the end. That was a bit disappointing. It would be more fun to see an old-man-baby becomes a baby-old-man. Well, now that sounds confusing, but if you watched this movie, you’d understand what I am talking about.

Story is told pretty well. I’m not sure if it is really a good way to hide to the kids who their biological parents are. I do not understand what the shock can it be to adults when they are told their parents are not their biological parent. I can easily shrug and say “I don’t give a damn”, but my real reaction is way beyond my imagination. I look too much like my dad, so that leaves really no room for any kind of imagination. However, I really like the way Caroline knew about her biological father through the diary she read to her dying mother. Also enjoy that Caroline and Benjamin had met at some point, and Caroline actually remembers that incident. Their lives actually crossed at some point. And the postcard were no longer for Daisy. They were for Caroline, the daughter he cannot love.

Everyone has his own life, and most of the time, we concentrate on who we are and what we want, where we’ll bring our families to. It is nice to look back though, to see old photos of previous generation, to know what parents have seen, to know who they were when they were young, doing crazy things and all that. Every time I asked my parents their old stories, I could see their eyes sparkle.



No comments: