2009/03/12

New Blog

I've started another new blog. It is about writing in English. It is not that I have the whole English grammar in mind to teach anyone, or my writing is good to win a Pulitzer. It just serves the purpose of complaining. Nowadays most of my email correspondence is in English. That makes senses, when the people on the email list could be easily from many different countries; however, sometimes the English writing in the email could be so bad that I had to spend minutes trying to think in Chinese what the person tried to tell us.

I am a minimalist, and believes it is easy to write simple English to made myself understood. Most of the information in this blog will be from my corporate email, with some confidential information hidden of course. And this blog is mostly to express how frustrated I am to read those emails, and to show how easy it can be to write in English.

MM asked me how I can come by different material to write. Again, no set time, no set material, just complaints and sharing information. I do not expect to cover a lot of things, but this could be a good incentive for me to go back and study grammar book, considering how much I like languages. Since I have a dedicated label on this blog just for complaints already, and I'd like to write this new blog in Chinese anyway, I decided to open a new blog.

But the truth is, I am a major whiner.


No comments: