2009/03/20

Ice Tea

My refrigerator has a pretty good ice maker. Unlike traditional ice maker when people have to pour water into the molds, wait for the water to freeze and then make some more, all I have to do is the pour water into a container, which holds around 2 cups of water. The refrigerator then makes ice and put the ice into a dedicated container in the freezer automatically.

I bought the refrigerator last November. The weather was cool already, so I only cleaned the container, made some ice as per the manual, just to ensure it worked properly. Yesterday the temperature was so hot, I bought some pot stickers to go for dinner, and was thinking what drinks to have to go with it. I had about 3 minutes to think while I walked from the pot sticker place to the drink shop, and then decided to make my own iced tea.

It is so easy to make my own iced tea. I boiled some water, put 2 tea bags in the mug, and pour hot water in. After 3 minutes, I got a big glass and filled it with ice cubes, then pour hot iced tea into the glass, and stir. After the tea cooled down, it was ready to serve. It tasted wonderful. I don’t like my iced tea sweetened, and I can make it the way I want it at home.

The only concern I have is that my glass is actually plastic, so I am not sure if the temperature is bad for the material. There is not warning marked on the glass.


No comments: