2009/03/08

Kindle for iPod Touch

Amazon released their Kindle 2. Kindle 2 certainly looks sexier than the first generation. It is thinner, has more capacity, etc, but, it is rather expensive, and I am not sure if it will work in Taiwan.

I am pleased to know that Amazon released their Kindle software for iPod Touch/iPhone. Installation was a breeze. No problem at all. Download can never be simpler. I did not purchase anything, but requested a sample of the first chapter of one book. And when I ran the software on iPod again, it was downloaded. Very very simple. The bad thing is that magazines are not available on iPod Touch. Some magazines on Kindle are really affordable. Even though iPod Touch comes with built-in browser, I still find it easier to browse the books on my computer and order from there. Ordering from built-in browser is possible, but not all websites can be optimized for iPod Touch.

No comments: