2008/07/04

Favorite Starbucks in Danshui

I have one last floating holiday from work, and cannot cash out this floating holiday when I leave next Friday, so I take today off as the last chance to go somewhere. I went to Camille Pissarro's exhibit one more time, ran to Shilin night market (during the day when not much was open) to have some shaved ice with red beans. I always love the shaved ice from that particular place, and would go back there again and again, and go to the night market just for the ice and then go somewhere else. For me, it is must-have food in Taipei.

Then I ran to Danshui.

The main purpose is to visit my favorite Starbucks by the river front. Danshui is always full of visitors on weekends. I never came to this Starbucks on weekends, as I always imagine it would be so packed, and why would I want to spend almost 1.5 hours each way, just to come here and find no table?

I got there at about 3, read for a while, then S came, we talked for around half an hour, then F showed up, we talked until sky became completely dark.

It is truly amazing to find a table on the balcony on the second floor, and enjoy the whole river view and see the mountain and the sea. And the sunset, truly amazing, and I was sipping coffee, sitting comfortably in the chair while enjoying the whole beauty.

Here are the photos
. Although I did go somewhere else before I headed for the Starbucks, but nothing compares with the sunset, which is the whole purpose of the trip!

No comments: