2008/07/17

Old Photo, Chung-shan Park


Same 'boat' as the background. It was my dad, my brother, and me on the old photo. When I went to Chung-shan park again last month, I happened to take photo of the same 'boat'. My dad was 37, had a wife, 3 kids, paying mortgage, trying all he could to feed the kids. I still vaguely remember that trip, although Chung-shan park was just 20 minutes' walk from where we used to live. Why was it special when we were all dressed up? Maybe we just bought our first camera? Maybe it was Chinese New Year? Maybe it was hard for the whole family to go out to something together. When I was this little, the dad I saw was always sleeping. He had to work as many shifts as he could to put food on the table. Now I am 37, have nothing, barely even dreams.

No comments: