2008/07/16

Why I Hate Vista

When Windows wants you to wait, you used to get an hourglass. Now with new, better-than-ever Vista, you get a little circle. Same thing. Just different visual effect. But how long can you wait before you lose your patience?

This is my new laptop from the new company, a sleek Dell Latitutde XT model, expensive, 84000NTD, which is close to 3000USD. The only software I have installed now is office 2007, and after having tried a few hours, I was so disappointed with the performance of Windows Vista.

Normally when I read emails, I like to manually set emails read when I am sure this email does not need additional attention from me. And that is what I did on this sleek Dell, and OMG, you can see from the video that I had to wait from 9th second to 15th second just to wait for Vista to bring up a simple popup window when I right clicked the mouse.

Sorry you'll need to turn your head 90 degrees to watch this video. The video quality is not good as I used my cell phone to take this video. I could not find a way to rotate the video by 90 degress with existing software I have.

This is a simple reason why I hate Vista. The time it takes to bring up the popup window ranges from 3 seconds to 5 seconds. It will be a disaster when I have many emails to read, and mind you, this is not the only place when I have to wait for the response. Vista is just a piece of crap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need add ram to ur computer

4G will be perfect solution
to this problem XD

Kevin

Sean Cheng said...

I feel angry when my mac at home can run WoW with 2G of ram with room to spare. :-( I just absolutely hate Windows at this point.