2008/07/14

On Board

On board at the new company today. I got up at the usual time, enjoy a full episode of Heroes, and walked to work. The new office is in a strange position. After careful evaluation, I have 3 options to commute:

1. I can walk to the office. It takes around 20 minutes, and I get to stop at any breakfast place to pick up some food.
2. I can walk 1 minute to a bus stop to wait for bus route 'red 3', which runs every 20 minutes. The bus will take a route that requires a lot of left turns, and you know how long it may take to make a left turn in rush hours.
3. I can walk 10 minutes to another bus stop, and hop on pretty any of the bus there, and get off at the VERY NEXT stop, and walk another 3 minutes.

It is in such werid location from where I live that makes walking the best option of them all. With this sweltering weather that reaches 90F at 8am, I was sweating all over when I got to the office. Not a very nice thing to start a day feeling stinky all over, I'd say.

It is funny to be on board today. My bro's office is not that far down the road from my office. It is my first day today, but his last day with his company. He will have 2 weeks off before he starts his new job.

Quiet day today. Small company. No complicated orientation. I walked in the office, and saw pretty much everything. Guess how long I can survive here?

Photo was taken on the way to work. The street is Ruiguang road.

No comments: