2008/02/15

MacBook Air

A coworker to brought a MacBook Air today, and I need to have a picture taken together. A few thoughts:

* It is really thin, but it feels heavier than what it looks like.

* No optical drive. Need to rely on external drive or the second computer to rip CD's. But I don't have 2 mac's to play with that function.

* There is no latch to hold the lid and the keyboard part together, but I feel the 'latch feeling' when I close the lid. That's cool. The hooks always look out of place and stupid to me anyway. I can also easily open the lid with just one hand without having to hold the keyboard in place. The hinge is very well designed.

* The built-in camera and the speakers look like pretty decoration. No more need to drill a bunch of holes for the sound to come out.

No comments: