2008/02/25

My Funny Valentine

I had been waiting for so long, when Melinda Doolittle finally released her first album, my funny valentine, this month. I was amazed at her rendition of 'my funny valentine' at the early episode of American Idol, and could not wait to see her performance week after week. Later I liked Lakisha too, and really hoped one of them could claim the title. So after they were both eliminated and Melinda was only one step from the final, there was such huge disappointment that the final competition was irrelevant for me.

I purchased from iTune store before, and was not very happy with it. Because the songs from iTune have protection, so, without an iPod, I can only play the music on iTune. As I listen to music on my cell phone all the times, I find that unacceptable. This time I wanna try Amazon MP3 download.

The single costs only 99 cents, the same as iTune store. It came in 256k MP3 format, so the quality is great. Amazon provides a download software, which adds the songs to iTune automatically after a successful download. I tried to upload the song to my cell, and the cell plays the music without any problem. The only glitch is that I tried to pay with my Taiwanese credit card first, it didn't work. The website simply explains that they only sell music to US territory, at least not Taiwan. Luckily I still keep my American credit cards, so this time it worked and the download started. Now I just need to remember to make the payment. It will be stupid to have bad credit score for a late payment of just 99 cents.

I love the Amazon's way. It's online shopping, very easy to shop, no physical CD that I have to find space for, no need to convert to MP3 myself, affordable, and, most important of all, I can carry the music any way I am pleased. So far I can't find any complaints.

So what about the song? Is it good? Oh dear, I can't wait to see her complete album, and this time, I'll also shop at Amazon.

No comments: