2008/03/22

Election

It is presidential election day today. The last time I voted was 10+ years ago, and this is only my second time. The main reason is I was registered in Tainan, so did not really wanna spend that 5+ hours on the freeway (traffic is expected so it would take more than 5 hours normally) to go back and vote someone I did not know (I had been away from Tainan long enough).

I changed my registration to Taipei now, so am eligible to vote right in my neighborhood. It feels good. I grabbed my seal, made sure my ID card is in my wallet, took the election note from the bookshelf, and that's all I need. There were not that many people there. Everything was very well marked. There are 2 agendas in this election. One is to elect the president, the other is to vote for 2 referendums. I opted for not voting for referendums, and it was clearly marked 'vote for referendum, this way' and 'no vote for referendum, this way'. No need to explain or anything. Everyone there was very nice and friendly. It only took me 1 minute to make my call in this election.

No comments: