2008/03/20

UPS

I ordered this UPS last week, and it was delivered the next day. Pretty amazing efficiency. It looks just like a regular extension cord. Think again. It is surprisingly heavy. In fact when I got the package from the receptionist, I did not know what it was in the box. The first idea was books. Only books can be this heavy, but who would possibly send me books? It weights 13.2 pounds, according to the manual.

I plugged it in right after I got home. As it is quite flat, and occupies lots of space, I was not very happy. My room is so small, anything that requires more floor space is not an excellent idea. Still need to live with it though, as the power is really not that stable here, and unstable voltage might lead to my computer failure. This unstable voltage actually happened again once tonight when all of a sudden the lights in my room went dim for half a second. Who knows what damage it might cause to my computer if I do not have a device to regulate the power?

It is a good thing.

No comments: