2008/03/31

Mapjack

I saw introduction of Mapjack this morning and tried it. Love it!! Google map has the same function to browse the street view, but my complaint is that it is so slow to follow the traffic. It may take me a long time to stroll down Powell street in San Francisco, and the download is quite slow.

Mapjack feels a lot faster. I can even pick and place my location from the lower panel, and adjust my view angle from there. Coverage of San Francisco is very good. Even the residential area my friend lives in is covered. I can even follow the camera to see the shops of Pier 39. Picture quality is very good. But only 3 cities are included in the service now, San Francisco, Sausalito of California, and Chiang Mai of Bangkok. Why Sausalito and Chiang Mai?

Attached is the view of SF bay and Alcatraz from Hyde street at Lombard street. It is one of my favorite views of San Francisco.

No comments: