2008/03/13

New Look

So this is the new look of my desk. Some people asked me why I'd prefer a desktop computer to a laptop one. Besides the performance, one of the main reasons is that I think desktop can have a smaller footprint on the desk. It is correct to say that if I don't use the laptop, I can easily remove it from the desk and claim the space, but knowing myself, the laptop computer will sit on my desk forever, like a desktop, with the power cord connected and cluttering my desk.

With this iMac, I can easily stow my keyboard right under the screen. This is definitely easier than putting away a laptop computer, and in most cases, saves more space than a regular LCD monitor.

Well, MM complained that she was reading my 'show-off' post last night. Let's say something negative about it.

  • The remote to control Front Row is the same white plastic design as before. It was able to attach to the side of the screen of my new machine by using, I guess, built-in magnet, but now it does not do this trick anymore. Well, the white color on the remote does not match the silver look anymore anyway, but Apple should have thought about it and given a better solution.
  • Old machine was dead quiet. This morning when I used the new one, I could hear humming from the machine. Maybe I received another machine that has sub-bar quality?
  • I left the computer on yesterday when I went to work, but put it into the login screen. Last night when I got home and tried to log back into my account, it did not give me my desktop, instead, the screen showed the same wallpaper from the login screen and a cursor. Not knowing how to force a logout, it was my only choice to power off and turned the power back on.
  • The screen really reflects well, as you can tell from the photo. It looks almost hideous.

No comments: