2008/05/27

Convert Convert Convert

I like David Cook and want to bring his music with me. Itune is good to use, but I don't like their security thing at all. Below is an alternative.

1. Download video from Youtube. Instruction can be found here. Save it as a .mp4 file
2. Launch ffmpegx and convert from there. I am attaching a screenshot of ffmpegx here.

During the conversion, I found that ffmepgx detects the music in the youtube movie as mp2 format. I tried to extract the music and convert to mp3 format directly, but it didn't work. I then tried to extract the music in mp2 format as the first step, then use the same ffmegx to convert to mp3 format, and it worked. I can then copy the music to my cell phone and carry David wherever I go. Grrrrrr

When downloading the Youtube movie, I saw that the movie can be downloaded as 3gp format also, which is the movie format that my cell phone uses. I tried, but for some reason my cell phone does not play the 3gp format I download directly. Need to spend more time on that.

No comments: