2008/05/06

Nice Guy

We are all drawn to other people in some ways, maybe he smells good, she is attractive, he has cute firm butts, or she has lovely boobs. That is always the first step, then we are eager to know the person better. Hanging out is good, then if things go well, a step further down is always encouraging. When things do not go well, people tend to say "you are a nice guy, but...". In Taiwan, we have a special term for that, nice guy card. It avoids the embarrassment to say negative things later on when we talk to friends what happened, we like to gossip anyway, like I was just rejected by blah blah blah, but concentrate on the positive. I am still nice guy no matter what.

Reading the explanation on wikipedia makes me realize that this term has been around for quite a while, but in Taiwan, now we would just say, I just receive a "nice guy card" if we are rejected. I am sure some people 'issue' a lot of cards when they have many fans.

No comments: