2008/05/25

New Toy - Sony DSC-W170

I wanted to get a new digital camera, and decided to choose Sony W170. The reason is, it is a Sony. :-D As simple as that. I always thought that I could get a beautiful T200 or T300, and a red one. The red model of T200 just looks stunning. I remember having this conversation with my cousin one time over the Chinese New Year about digital camera. She asked if I am going to pay for the same price, will I choose its looks or its functions? I answered without thinking, of course its looks. She was shocked, oh well. I was in love with red T200. What can I say?

Yesterday I went into the store, and asked for W170 immediately, without looking around one more time. What color, I was asked. I paused and then had to go back to the shelf. MM said silver color. Hm... I am not that crazy for silver color on any electronic consumer products. Black? I asked. MM said it is really not my color. So there is only choice left. Red.

And I was quite happy this morning when I took the camera out to take some photos of my neighborhood. When I held the camera in my hand, omg, I'm so glad it's not black. Click on the photos below to see the original size of the photos. They were taken in 5 mega pixels.

I have to walk past this apartment complex every day. This is an ok apartment complex, I'd say, however, I really the way the whole complex is U-shaped and how they lower the garden, so you can actually get a very nice view of the garden. The sidewalk is always nice and clean. The guard always looks friendly. I enjoy watching the leaves of the trees fall in the winter and seeing the buds coming out every spring. It is amazing how fast the leaves grow back. It will be nice to live in there, but it is way out of my reach.

This side street is where we have evening market. It was early in the morning when I walked out to take photos, so the street looks a bit dead quiet. Some people start their business early, and are selling meat already. You may wonder, if there are not that many people to buy the meat, are they gonna leave the meat in the open air on the stand till evening market? This street starts to get busy at around 3pm. It is quite fun to grocery shopping here.

I like this corner of the street. The building is recessed, and the trees are beautiful. What's more special about this area is that the street makes a sharp turn at this corner, so no matter which end of the street you come from, you get to see these buildings. What bugs me is the hideous addons on the buildings. It would be such so nice if they did not do anything to the buildings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

我才訝異你會問"黑色"!超愛黑色的我,在展示台前也不想選黑色啊!

Sean Cheng said...

嗯嗯, 紅色的爽度真的百分百喲.