2008/05/27

Download Is Better And Faster

I get frustrated with Youtube sometimes, especially at night when everyone is using the internet, that's when Youtube is always slow and barely usable. Tonight. Same. I reached a point when I decided to try to download the video first. Surprisingly, it was a lot faster to download than to watch it online. I tried it a few times. Sometimes even when I finished the download already, watching online had just barely started.

Another thing to note is that from the website that discusses Youtube development, Youtube is moving to better quality. This video can be a good example. I downloaded this video and played it full screen on my 20" screen. The quality is very good and color vivid. But when I watched it online and played it also in full screen mode, it's easy to tell the quality is worse. I can see something like mosaic once in a while.

It's really better and faster to download.

No comments: