2008/05/18

Hiking

I was bored to tears over the weekend. This hiking turned out to be the only highlight.

We had an early start. The original idea was to meet at the MRT station, but buses don't run that often early on weekends. So V picked me up at 6:30am, and we headed for Yangmin University.


It is a very short hiking. It begins with a long slope going up. A bit too long, in my opinion. I'd prefer steps instead of a long slope. We stopped once in the middle to catch our breath. Already hot at around 7:30. It did not take long to reach the top. We had not met for quite a while, so I really did not measure how long it took. It was just shocking to know his oldest son is already 5. Now I think about it, that's about right. He was only few months old when I came back from US. See how fast time flies? That first time when I held him in my arms, his neck was not even stiff yet. Very soft sweet baby. And now his younger brother is already 1 year and 1 month old.

Very nice view at the top. We had a good view overlooking Tamsui river, Guandu, and other areas. I never realized it could be this easy to feel the earth under my feet. Quite amazing.

No comments: