2008/05/27

VMware Fusion

I have been in a shopping spree lately. Having given up on the idea of traveling to US, I feel like I have every right to compensate myself with everything I can afford. Will I use them much? I don't think so, but the thought of owning them makes me feel nice.

This time I bought VMware Fusion. It is a software with which I can run Windows on my Mac. Why Windows if I am pretty happy with things that Mac offers? Sometimes I still need to compromise with the reality that some Taiwanese websites are designed for IE only, and I am especially frustrated with banks and government websites where drivers for ATM card reader is only available in Windows and some features for IE only are enabled and I don't get to read anything with my FireFox. I can access those websites now still because I have a company laptop that runs Windows, but with the last day of transition announced, I know I need to get something on my own.

Attached is a screenshot of having my Firefox browser and Windows displayed side by side on my Mac. It's good to know such software is available so I do not have to invest on a PC. I simply do not have space for another computer.

No comments: